Writing explained - a language comprehension site

Whether or not you are using the Phonics International Programme, feel free to visit this informal 'Chat' forum!
Here you will find all sorts of interesting articles, links to research and developments - and various interesting topics! Do join in!
debbie

Writing explained - a language comprehension site

Post by debbie »

This is a great site for explaining words that are often mis-used and confused:

http://writingexplained.org/imply-vs-infer-difference
Let’s face it, English can be a confusing language at times. There are a lot of confusing words in English, words that are separated by just one or two letters. Or words that sound exactly alike when you say them out loud but have completely different meanings.

That is why I have created this list of commonly confused words with detailed explanations on all of their uses and differences. I have done my best to make my explanations in everyday English, so that anyone and everyone reading these posts will be able to easily understand.

This list is by no means exhaustive and I am expanding it every day, so if you don’t see a set of words on here of which you would like an explanation, please send me an email at Jordan@writingexplained.org. I’d be happy to write an article.
Many thanks to Jordan!
Debbie Hepplewhite