PI Optional Actions for young beginners

Whether or not you are using the Phonics International Programme, feel free to visit this informal 'Chat' forum!
Here you will find all sorts of interesting articles, links to research and developments - and various interesting topics! Do join in!
debbie

PI Optional Actions for young beginners

Post by debbie »

I've added this new resource to the 'updates' forum but thought I would mention it here also. :wink:

I have designed these mnemonic actions only with the very youngest learners in mind. They are not available for general release until we have trialled them with all due caution about the potential for enhanced learning - rather than them potentially serving as a distraction to what is otherwise a very focused teaching programme with an exisiting mnemonic system based on the letter/s-sound correspondences being rooted in key words with pictures (plus an extensive range of visual aid posters for every step of learning).

Having said that, I have already had very positive comments about these actions such as, "These actions are absolutely brilliant!" - (great to hear of course!) - but I won't be happy until we have tried them out properly and had full discussions during and following the trials.

Please contact me if you are interested in evaluating this resource with a view to trialling it in your context:

debbie@phonicsinternational.com

Thank you! :)
Debbie Hepplewhite