Not phonics - Judy Adamson's Art and Design

Whether or not you are using the Phonics International Programme, feel free to visit this informal 'Chat' forum!
Here you will find all sorts of interesting articles, links to research and developments - and various interesting topics! Do join in!
debbie

Not phonics - Judy Adamson's Art and Design

Post by debbie »

http://www.axiz19.dsl.pipex.com/JudyAda ... Design.htm

In my distant past, I was quite 'arty' and prided myself on being a 'creative' teacher.

That was before it dawned on me that schools were not teaching children the basic skills well enough in pretty much anything! Most worrying, of course, was the basic literacy skills - hence my focus this past decade on the reading debate.

Judy Adamson is another person who has become interested and involved in the teaching of reading and, as a reading tutor, she knows only too well the consequences of flawed or inadequate teaching!

Anyway, 'art' is Judy's other string to her bow and I've only just seen her work recently knowing her more closely for her contributions to the UK Reading Reform Foundation message forum at www.rrf.org.uk .

I couldn't resist sharing this with people. Not only to show appreciation of Judy's work - but also to encourage other busy people, like Judy and me (and perhaps all teachers and busy parents), to allocate some of their personal time to being creative, following an interest, making real their dreams and their plans.

I know only too well how quickly time flies and we really should do our best to enjoy the simple things and creative things in life! :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite