The TES SEN exhibition - report!

Whether or not you are using the Phonics International Programme, feel free to visit this informal 'Chat' forum!
Here you will find all sorts of interesting articles, links to research and developments - and various interesting topics! Do join in!
debbie

The TES SEN exhibition - report!

Post by debbie »

Well, that was quite an adventure which I enjoyed sharing with Mr H!

The experience was very tiring, very enjoyable and very gratifying.

I met quite a few people who were already using the PI programme and who told me they were very pleased with it. Some people introduced themselves to me whom I 'knew' through online message forums or from the UK Reading Reform Foundation conferences!

We had a couple of pull-up screens made especially for the exhibition including one with two of my favourite Alphabetic Code Overview Charts side by side. It looked truly splendid. Many people were very interested in the charts and studied them in some detail. If that screen had been available to sell - we could have sold it many times over! People were delighted, however, when I told them the charts were available to print online for free!

We took many of my hardcopy folders of the programme to exhibit (but not all - there are over 30!). This enabled me to explain with some visual clarity, however, the principles of the programme and the scope of the programme (from 4 year olds to adult - for beginning reading and spelling to proficient levels).

We used a laptop and projector to show a rolling programme of over 600 slides - samples taken from three units.

Mr H has taken a few photos which we'll upload shortly. :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

http://www.phonicsinternational.com/sen_exhibition.html

Mr H has built a special exhibition page of pics etc.! :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite