'I can read' full colour pictures - units 5 and 6

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

'I can read' full colour pictures - units 5 and 6

Post by debbie »

With these latest full colour pictures added to units 5 and 6, this means we have now uploaded a full range of colour pictures - one picture to go with each of the I CAN READ texts - throughout the programme (in units 1 to 12).

These are mnemonic pictures based on the themes of the I CAN READ texts. They are not to be looked at before the I CAN READ texts have been read as they are not intended to be 'clues' to help with the reading!

The I CAN READ themes (storylines), however, can help with recalling 'which' words are spelt with 'which' spelling patterns - in other words both the texts and the pictures are important and related 'aids to memory'.

The pictures can also provide 'prompts' for spelling purposes - either oral spelling or spelling-with-writing.

In any event, such an extensive, comprehensive reading and spelling programme would be very dull if it involved no pictures and colours!

These pictures are ideal for printing out and laminating to make permanent visual aids for schools - but don't forget that printers can print smaller 'multiple copies' and so teachers and parents can be imaginative as to how they can print out smaller versions of these pictures (throughout the programme) - perhaps to cut out and stick in students' Sounds Books along with writing lists of words, or story extensions, with the appropriate spelling alternatives.

Just a thought! :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite