Volunteers for writing up 'diaries' of teaching with PI

Whether or not you are using the Phonics International Programme, feel free to visit this informal 'Chat' forum!
Here you will find all sorts of interesting articles, links to research and developments - and various interesting topics! Do join in!
debbie

Volunteers for writing up 'diaries' of teaching with PI

Post by debbie »

I am looking for willing volunteers to write up simple diaries of their teaching using Phonics International resources.

Of course these would not include students' names or any identifying information.

The diaries can be in any format - all people would have to do is to keep their notes and comments as they 'go along' and type them up in a simple fashion on Word documents.

Or they can convert these to pdfs at key points.

We can then put them on our PI website to share with others.

I notice that when we started a thread about diary reports, there was quite a lot of interest, but sadly these descriptions never materialised.

I do hear from people who use the programme, but usually this is very busy teachers and parents who are really too busy to write anything up in detail once the teaching events have passed.

BUT - if people were prepared to keep up with typing up simple notes, then this becomes much more doable and not so burdensome in hindsight.

I would be very grateful for any such volunteers (in which case, start 'now') because this is invaluable feedback in many ways.

It is invaluable to me as a programme writer and phonics consultant - and also to others reading the information. Either it can inspire people to try things differently and share their ideas, or it can simply persuade people that they need to try this synthetic phonics teaching!!!

Please do contact me if you are interested in this suggestion at debbie@phonicsinternational.com .

Many thanks!
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

I have asked this person if she could possibly write us some notes as she continues to teach her littlies. The kind of teacher who might be interested in this are the kind of teachers who would like to share their enthusiasm and success with others realising that this helps to share the information about the teaching effectiveness...
Hi Debbie, I just had to share with you- I've had so much positive feedback from the parents of the children in my class about their reading and writing- and they've only been at school 2 weeks! We've only covered 4 phonemes and today it 'clicked' with a lot of the children that we can read words by blending the phonemes together- not from guessing and struggling from pictures etc. The parents seem to be realising this 'miracle' too! Now just to convince the head teacher that SP is the way forward! Bring on the revolution in Australia!

Best wishes,

[Teacher in Australia]
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

http://phonicsinternational.com/forum/v ... .php?t=215

We now have a forum especially for a synthetic phonics teacher's diary!
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

Sadly, our lovely phonics diary lady is unable to continue with her recounts.

Is anyone else willing to provide us with a simple diary recount of their teaching please?

This could be homeschooling, classroom teaching or tutoring.
Debbie Hepplewhite