New PowerPoint to support your 'Parents Information Events'

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

New PowerPoint to support your 'Parents Information Events'

Post by debbie »

We have now provided a PowerPoint especially designed to support your 'Parents Information Events'.

The Phonics International programme is designed to inform parents and to enable working closely with parents wherever possible.

As a minimum, parents should be informed about they way their children are being taught to read, spell and write. This is such important information and many parents will want to help in whatever way they can.

The PowerPoint also emphasises the importance of parents talking with their children at every opportunity about anything and everything. Talk REALLY matters.

I have included the 'Simple View of Reading' model as I think this is very helpful indeed in explaining the two main processes involved with the act of reading - being able to decode what the word IS and then being able to understand what the word MEANS.

I've also included information about the alphabetic code and the various roles of the Alphabetic Code Charts and the Alphabet. I've mentioned the core resources such as the 'Sounds Book Activity Sheets' and the 'I can read' Cumulative Texts - and how these are collected in a clip folder to be included in the school's 'bookbag routine'.

Teachers are welcome to adapt the PowerPoint for their school's purposes - but I ask that this is described to parents so that my work is not confused with the contribution from the teachers on the PowerPoint.

You can find the new PowerPoint on the 'Index' page when you log in as Members - above the Early Years Starter Package. :D

PS: Please feel free to provide feedback as always. Phonics International continues to be a work in progress. :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite