My guest post on ABC Does - just as relevant now as then

Whether or not you are using the Phonics International Programme, feel free to visit this informal 'Chat' forum!
Here you will find all sorts of interesting articles, links to research and developments - and various interesting topics! Do join in!
debbie

My guest post on ABC Does - just as relevant now as then

Post by debbie »

I rediscovered this 2011 guest post that I was invited to write about phonics and reading.

On re-reading it, I was relieved to realise that it is just as relevant now as the day that I wrote it - not outdated at all.

I find it worrying, however, that one of the readers couldn't understand why it was shocking that a 17 year old did not notice the jumbled up letters in the bogus 'Cambridge Research'. To me it was instantly obvious that the middle letters were jumbled on the words - what do you think about this issue?:

http://www.abcdoes.com/abc-does-a-blog/ ... pplewhite/
By the way, I think that the ‘Cambridge University Research’ piece at the end of your reading blog is bogus. Here is a coincidental tale regarding this very text: Much to my utter horror, one of my daughters at the age of 17 saw the paragraph you have flagged up when looking over my shoulder at the computer screen whilst I was discussing it with my husband. “Mummy” she said, “When I looked at that writing, I couldn’t even see that the letters are jumbled.”
Debbie Hepplewhite