Harriet - you are an amazing woman! Read this...

Whether or not you are using the Phonics International Programme, feel free to visit this informal 'Chat' forum!
Here you will find all sorts of interesting articles, links to research and developments - and various interesting topics! Do join in!
debbie

Harriet - you are an amazing woman! Read this...

Post by debbie »

http://www.theguardian.com/teacher-netw ... rough-play

We invite up to 60 primary and nursery school children into the centre a day. We also do workshops with up to 35 teachers. We don't charge because we know the schools don't have the money, we only ask for a donation for the food we give.

We also have children coming in who don't go to school because their parents can't afford it. They hang around on the gate because they know what's inside is so interesting. Our aim is to eventually purchase a mobile vehicle so we can reach out to more vulnerable children who are further afield.

I know I've taken a lot on and I can't save the whole world. It does feel overwhelming and at the beginning we wondered if we had the done the right thing. We eat what we grow and have only solar power as electricity, but I see the children's faces and I know we have to continue. There is so much to do.
Debbie Hepplewhite