IFERI: Thread on 'Guided Reading'

Whether or not you are using the Phonics International Programme, feel free to visit this informal 'Chat' forum!
Here you will find all sorts of interesting articles, links to research and developments - and various interesting topics! Do join in!
debbie

IFERI: Thread on 'Guided Reading'

Post by debbie »

It is so common to hear teachers raise questions about 'Guided Reading' that I started a thread on the IFERI site. As a committee member of the International Foundation for Effective Reading instruction, I am endeavouring to draw attention to this new organisation and to encourage people over to its site.

I am really hoping that people who like to visit message forums (including people who visit this forum) will start to visit the IFERI forum too.

Anyway, below is the link to the thread that I started on 'Guided Reading' and it starts off with a great blog posting by Gordon Askew - an extremely experienced phonics advisor.

Although Gordon states in his blog posting that he is now retired - that is old news because at the time of posting this message, he has currently been commissioned to do some more advisory and supervision work for the Department of Education in England. Yes, he is THAT experienced!

Please do read what he has to say:

http://www.iferi.org/iferi_forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42
Debbie Hepplewhite