Magic Fiction Since Potter - new blog

Whether or not you are using the Phonics International Programme, feel free to visit this informal 'Chat' forum!
Here you will find all sorts of interesting articles, links to research and developments - and various interesting topics! Do join in!
debbie

Magic Fiction Since Potter - new blog

Post by debbie »

Magic Fiction Since Potter

http://magicfictionsincepotter.blogspot.co.uk

I really like the look of this new blog which reviews fiction books for pre-teens and early teens.

Already I feel inspired to read the books myself that have been reviewed!

It may be particularly helpful if you are a secondary teacher or parent of a young teen or pre-teen.
Yet just recently serendipity has brought my way children's fantasies that have taken me aback with their very real quality of both writing and imagination. It has made me think again. Perhaps I have been prejudiced against recent writers in this genre and consequently missing out.

So I have set out on a quest: to read as much as I can of what has been written in this genre in the twenty first century and to see if there are gems to be found as sparkling and rich as my older favourites.

Because it is potentially such an enormous task I have decided to limit myself to fiction that is primarily aimed at children in the roughly nine to fourteen age range, books that deal with magical worlds, in the wizardly, spell-casting sense.
:D
Debbie Hepplewhite